The times for the market are as follows:
- Daytime Markets: 10h00 to 16h00
- Night time Markets: 17h00 to 22h00
Traders must park in the designated vendor parking area to ensure there is adequate parking
left for customers. Parking in a non-designated vendor area will result in a R50 fine (see map below). Repeat offenders will have their car towed and the cost charged to their account.
- Stall fees are due the 4 days before trading commences
- Any vendor who has not paid their fees will not be allocated a spot and will be replaced
- Cancellations must happen 4 days prior to trading.
- If cancelled after that time a cancellation fee of 25% per day will be levied.
- An additional stall fee of R50 will be levied if the stall fee is paid on the day of the market, with no exceptions.
- Should you book and not arrive you will still be liable for the fees on that day as your place was reserved
Prices for stalls are as follows & are subject to change.
Pay for 4 markets in advance
Fresh / Produce – R700.00
Food – R890.00
Crafters – R890.00
NPO – R600.00
Fresh / Produce – R190.00 per day
Food – R290.00 per day
Crafters – R290.00 per day
NPO – R170.00 per day
The fee includes ensuring that there is a child minder present in the kids area at the market to ensure all kids are safe and looked after.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
- If a vendor has paid for a market and needs to cancel prior to the market, the refunds structured as follows
- Cancellation before 4 days prior to trading – 100% refund
- Cancellation 3 days prior to trading – 75% refund
- Cancellation 2 days prior to trading – 50% refund
- Cancellation 1 day prior to trading – 25% refund
- No show – 0% refund
- Refunds are processed in 2 ways
- EFT – Processed within 5 working days
- Credit – A credit will be added to your account for future trading dates
In cases where the market will close early due to bad weather, the market will refund the
trader a portion of the fee. (Management reserves the right to decide what time the market
will officially be cancelled for the day)
- Trading less than half the day – 25% refund
- Trading more than half of the day – there will be no refund.
- The traders entrance will open at 7-30am allowing access to the premises.
- All traders must report to the on-site manager who will allocate a stall and deal with payments
- Cars may drive onto the field to drop off of goods. This must be done as quick as possible and the car must be removed and parked immediately after offloading. Do not setup your stall with the car still on the field as it will cause a problem for other traders. Access to the field will be blocked at 9:30am so any latecomers will need to park in the vendor parking area and bring their goods in by hand / trolley which the market does not supply.
- All stall holders must ensure their gazebo’s are pegged down / anchored properly. Any trader who does not adhere to this will be fined R 100 and be held liable for damage or injury caused by his/her equipment being blown away.
- Traders must ensure their stalls are setup and ready for trading by 9:30am. Anyone not setup on time will not be permitted to trade. Traders who are constantly late will not be approved for future markets.
- Traders will ensure they stay within their allocated stall area and ensure that:
- their stalls are at all times neat, well presented, properly stocked and sanitary.
- they are not obstructing walkways.
- they do not play any loud music or cause any noise disturbances.
- they do not deviate from the type of stall they applied for and sell only the main products / articles that was on their application. Anyone adding goods or products without management approval will be asked to remove the products & be issued a warning. If they are caught a second time they will be asked to leave and their stall reassigned.
- Traders must bring their own chairs to sit on. No one is entitled to take chairs from the customer eating area. Repeat offenders will be asked to leave the market and their stall reassigned.
- Only once the market has closed for the day may traders begin to start packing up and take down their stalls (Times stipulated in the Trading Hours). Anyone caught packing up early will be fined R100 and issued a warning. If he/she is caught repeating the offence they will be asked to not return and their stall re-assigned.
- We will open for cars to access the fields again after the market has closed. As some customers and children be may still be walking around please do not rush. We do not want any unnecessary incidents. Be alert, cautious and courteous at all times.
- All stall holders are to ensure their stall area for the day is clean and tidy after they have finished packing up. Anyone found leaving litter and food products behind on the field will be fined R100. Repeat offenders will be asked to leave the market and their stall re-assigned.
- Any vendors wishing to store their items on site, can do so with prior arrangement with management and will be charged on an ad-hoc basis
- No trader who books a stall will be allowed to trade without a gazebo and pegs to anchor it down.
- Gazebos are available to rent at R150
- No trader will share a stall with another trader or include new products other than those approved by management.
- The market does not accept responsibility for any items left at the market after break down.
- Traders will not use the basins in the bathrooms to wash up their products or utensils.
- Traders caught putting any waste down the outdoor drains will be fined R100 and issued with a final warning. Repeat offenders will be asked to leave the market and their stall re-assigned.
- Traders must ensure they use a table cloth made of fabric material. No plastic covers will be allowed. The table cloth must also be long enough to cover the front of your stall and hide the legs of your table. This is essential to hide excess stock and for safety reasons.
- All food stalls must have their Certificate of Acceptability / Traders Licence issued by any municipality. A copy of the certificate must be visible or easily accessible to be shown to any customer who requests to view it. A copy should also be submitted to management to be kept on file.
- As per Health & Safety regulations each food stall must:
- have a bin or rubbish bag to dispose of unwanted food , rubbish or excess scraps when prepping.
- ensure they have a wash up area or bowl of clean water to rinse or wash utensils.
- ensure the surface of their prepping & serving area is clean & sanitary at all times.
- All ingredients & stored ingredients are kept in sealed containers until they are used.
- Traders cooking food wear a cap or a head cloth preventing their hair falling into food.
- No food may be served in polystyrene packaging. It is a hazard. We encourage more natural or easily recycled packaging.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- All traders are asked to familiarise themselves with the evacuation plan and take note of
entrance and exit points which would be used during emergency evacuations.
- Traders using gas equipment will be required to submit to random spot checks from management to ensure the equipment is adhering to Health & Safety protocols.
- Traders using gas or burning coal in their stall will be required to have either 1 x 9kg fire extinguisher or a bucket of sand in case of a fire. Again management reserves the right to spot check the equipment to ensuring it is within Health & Safety protocols.
- Walkways & passages should always be clear and if anyone sees a trader placing an obstacle in the way, it must be reported to management so that it is rectified immediately.
- Traders using electricity points and running extension cords must ensure they have their wires buried under the soil, taped down or neatly hidden to avoid any accidents. Any trader who does not comply will be fined R 100 and will be held liable when there is a case of injury or damage.
- As with any market place please be mindful of pick pockets and thieves. We do have security walking around but recommend that traders stay alert and report to the guards or management anything suspicious.
We recommend traders:
- Do not keep personal valuables lying around or exposed. Rather pack it away under
- Ensure cash boxes are not visible or left open to draw attention.
- Make use of your Zapper account or card machine as much as possible as a safer alternative payment method.
- Use a money pouch or bag instead of a cashbox.
- Never leave your stall unattended.
Sylvia’s Market (Pty) Ltd, reserves the rights to:
- Make decisions and take all necessary actions to protect the reputation and image of the market.
- Assign or move a traders stall location at managements discretion.
- Dismiss and Cancel any traders stall at managements discretion and without prior warning.
- Cancel, remove or ban from the premises any trader who directly or indirectly creates a disruption or a negative atmosphere for customers and traders at the market.
- Cancel, remove or ban from the premises any trader who displays a bad attitude or hostility towards Management and breaks down the working relationship.
- Update and make changes to the rules without prior notice.